"Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks." ~Author Unknown

email us at lilbugger.ca@gmail.com



Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wall-E Birthday Party

My son ABSOLUTELY had to have a Wall-E themed birthday party this year. In my hunt for invitation ideas, this is what I came up with.
I took a Wall-E colouring page from the internet and saved it as a .jpg file:
I then converted it to an .svg file using Inkscape and cut it on my Big Bugger (Expression) using Sure Cuts A Lot software. I drew the details on the grey "neck" piece with a black gel pen.  I punched the stars with a little Fiskars Country Star punch, and decorated the envelope to match.









The inside of the card was created on my computer, using Word and the Pop Star font. 

I know it's not made with the Cricut or the Cricut cake, but I also made the matching Wall-E cake.  I used a standard Wilton Wall-E cake pan that I rented from our local Bulk store.

The party was a hit!  Sure Cuts A Lot, a colouring page, and a little imagination and I have one very happy almost-five year old! :)

Happy buggin'!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! It is very creative. For a kid’s birthday celebration, it is important to have some kind of a theme. This year I have booked one of the finest Chicago venues for my kid’s birthday and I am going to pick up a super hero theme. He is going to love it for sure.

    ReplyDelete