"Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks." ~Author Unknown

email us at lilbugger.ca@gmail.com



Saturday, March 12, 2011

NFL Card & Gift - Manly Birthday

I was so happy with how my Chicago Bears card turned out for my hubby's birthday, that it didn't take much thought to figure that I should follow that theme and do a similar card for my brother-in-law, whose birthday follows just a few days later.  It's so hard to come up with a nice handmade card for the men in our lives...I'm just happy they like football, it sure saved me this year!

My brother-in-law is a huge Oakland Raiders fan.  (If you know him...shhhhhh, don't say anything, he won't be seeing this card until tomorrow.  I just couldn't wait to post it!)  This is his card:
The card is a standard A2, measuring 4.25" x 5.5". I cut a football using the Sports Mania cartridge to put on the envelope. Using my Bitty Bugger (Gypsy), I used the "hide" feature for the laces so they wouldn't cut. With the image being so small (I cut at 1.5"), the laces wouldn't cut clearly, so I hid them and used a white gel pen to draw them on by hand.











I cut the logo using my SCAL software.  I converted a .jpg that I found on the 'net and converted it into an .svg using Inkscape and then imported it into SCAL to cut.  The white stripe is a grossgrain ribbon and the paper is Bazzill Basics.  I printed the inside on my computer using Word and the Eric Lite Condensed and CK Sports Football font, and glued it inside the card.  The shield is pop-dotted to raise it slightly off the card.
This is a matching vinyl that I also cut as a gift.  It measures 6" x 6" and is for his car.  It is cut in two pieces, with the black positioned over the white.  Happy Birthday brother-in-law!

Happy buggin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment