"Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks." ~Author Unknown

email us at lilbugger.ca@gmail.com



Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mr. Bugger!!

Today is my wonderful husband's birthday!!  I wanted to make him a card, but found myself once again flipping through cartridges trying to come up with something that wasn't too mushy or girly and couldn't find anything that worked for me this year.  Sigh.  Then my 8-year old suggests I try something sports-related and reminds me that he is a HUGE Chicago Bears fan.  The wheels start turning in my head, and this is what I came up with:
I'm SO pleased with how it turned out!!  I made this in two stages.  I used SCAL software to create the "Bear" in the middle and the "C" from .jpg images.  The "C" is glued right to the card base and the "Bear" is pop-dotted to give it a bit of dimension.  The card is a standard A2, measuring 4.25" x 5.5" (I really should try to do something in a different size, lol).  I cut a football using the Sports Mania cartridge to adorn the envelope.  Using my Bitty Bugger (Gypsy), I used the "hide" feature for the laces so they wouldn't cut.  With the image being so small (I cut at 1.5"), the laces wouldn't cut clearly, so I hid them and used a white gel pen to draw them on by hand.
I printed the inside on my computer, using Word and the CK Sports Football and Cobalt Extended fonts, and printed it on matching orange cardstock.  I mounted it on white cardstock, cut just slightly larger, and glued it to the inside.  Then of course, we all signed it.  :)
Horrible photo, I know, but I tried to show how the bear is slightly raised.

He loved it!  Sometimes it's just so hard to create cards for those men in our lives.  Happy birthday to the special man in my life! 

Happy buggin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment