"Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks." ~Author Unknown

email us at lilbugger.ca@gmail.com



Sunday, March 20, 2011

Doodlecharms Shape Cards

I love love love my Doodlecharms cartridge!!  It's so cute and versatile and makes it so super easy to whip up little notecards and gifts for friends, children, teachers, and neighbours! 

Here are four quick little projects that I did...one note card for one of my daykids, two thank you cards for our bus drivers, a thank you card for a friend (who also happens to be a teacher) and a notecard gift set for a teacher.  All in all, everything was completed in under an hour!  Easy Peasy!

Popsicle Notecard:









I used my Bitty Bugger (Gypsy) to copy the popsicle shadow, flip it, and weld it to make the card shape card.  It was cut at 5.2", which is just the right size to fit into a standard A2 envelope.  I then cut the actual popsicle and base at the same size and assembled it.  The inside is just a base cut, but I used the Gypsy to 'hide' the accent shapes near the top, so it cut as one solid image.  The envelope of this card, addressed to Rachel, was cut using the Mini Monograms cartridge, and each letter and it's shadow was cut at 1".

Bus driver Thank You cards:
These adorable bus cards were also made with the Bitty Bugger (Gypsy) by copying, flipping, and welding the bus image.  The bus shadow and corresponding layers were cut at 3.75".  I used my computer and printer to print the name of the school in that white space on the side, using Word and the Catchup font.  You could easily put the name of a teacher, bus driver, student, etc., in that space.  Incidentally, this bus card flips up (not sideways).  I welded it at the roof of the bus.

Thank You card for a teacher friend:
 









I'm very happy with the simplicity and ease of this card, however, I still think it might need something.  Maybe some gel pen stitching or a ribbon or some sort of embellishment.  My teacher friend loved it though ;)  I used the scalloped circle from the Lacy Labels cartridge, cut at 3.5", and used my small hole punch to punch holes in each scallop.  I cut the apple shadow and corresponding layers at 2.5".  The inside sentiment is from the Walk in My Garden cartridge and is cut at 1.25" along with a shadow.

Teacher Notecards:












These are awesome for teacher gifts!  I do up 6 or 10 and bundle them up with a ribbon and give to teachers as a gift that they can use for thank you cards or notes to their students or parents.  I used my Bitty Bugger (Gypsy) and copied, flipped, and welded the apple shadow to make the card.  I then cut the corresponding layers, all at 4.25".  You could easily cut or print out a sentiment for the inside...but I find that giving them blank is better, as you never know what occasion they may use them for.  Guaranteed to love you for them, that's for sure!

Happy buggin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment