"Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks." ~Author Unknown

email us at lilbugger.ca@gmail.com



Sunday, March 27, 2011

Shroud on the Cross. SCAL Easter Card.

I stumbled on this image while searching for an Easter Lily image, and my immediate thought was that it would make an AWESOME Easter card to make with my Cricut machine(s)!
I used PhotoShop to alter the image a bit and separate the colours into shapes that I could work with.  Then I saved that as a new .jpg file.  I used Inkscape to convert the file into an .svg, which I then imported into my SCAL software to cut on my Big Bugger.
I cut the cross at 5", and because of the nature of SCAL, all other images adjust accordingly.  I embossed the lighter purple of the background using my Cuttlebug(ger) and the Scrollwork embossing folder, and matted it on a darker purple, then attached it to a robin's-egg blue card base.  The card base measures 8.5" x 5.5", which when folded in half is a standard A2 card, measuring 4.25" x 5.5".  I had to do a bit of fancy penmanship on the flower and the leaves, as with SCAL, it cuts the outline, not the inside details.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  I also used some grey chalking to give a bit of cloth-like detail to the shroud hanging on the cross.
I used some pop-dots to raise the lily up from the cross a bit, and then used a few more to raise the cross off the card.  It adds a bit more dimension.  I also used some Champagne Stickles for the stamen of the lily.  I wasn't sure how the lily would turn out, being so small, but was pleasantly surprised with how well it cut, and wish I had done the group of Lilies.
For the inside, and as a matching embellishment for the envelope, I used a yellow grossgrain ribbon, with a little bow.  I printed the inside on my computer, using Word and the Joe Hand 3 font.  The verse reads as follows:
Christ the Lord is risen today,
Sons of men and angels say.
Raise your joys and triumphs high;
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply.
-Charles Wesley

I'm not sure yet how to share my .svg files or .scut (SCAL) files via the blog, but if you would like this or any of my other .svg or .scut files, email me and I'll gladly share them with you!

What are you crafting today?
Happy buggin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment