"Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks." ~Author Unknown

email us at lilbugger.ca@gmail.com



Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, My Sister...My Friend.

My sister's birthday is coming up soon and I have to get this in the mail, like yesterday, if she's got any hope of getting it (and our presents) on time!  She recently dyed her hair purple, so there was no question as to the colour theme of her birthday card. 
Special thanks to Diana and her blog for her inspiration for this birthday card idea.  Everything is cut using the Celebrations cartridge that was sadly retired in January of this year.  The background is American Traditional Designs, scanned and printed onto white (Avalanche) Bazzill Basics paper.  Everything else is also Bazzill.  I cut the Happy and Birthday images at 2"; Shadow from light purple, blackout from ivory, and the standard cut from dark purple.  For the envelope, the party hat was cut at 1.5" with three layers - the standard cut, the blackout, and the shadow.  The ribbon and bling on the card are dollar store specials, lol.  I was SO tempted to raise the wording using pop dots, but some of the letters were so fine that I thought I might run into trouble hiding the dots.

I printed a sentiment on the inside using the CK Curly font, but felt it best not to share as it was somewhat personal. 

Happy Birthday, little sista!  *hugs*

Happy buggin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment