"Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks." ~Author Unknown

email us at lilbugger.ca@gmail.com



Saturday, January 29, 2011

There's a New Bug Coming to Town!

News from the CHA in Los Angeles...Cricut will soon be releasing the Expression 2!  Love the machine, but I think they could have come up with a better name.  Seems this new beast will have WiFi capabilities, able to connect with your Gypsy and/or Design Studio/SCAL/MTC from clear across the room, so you don't have to navigate around that cord.  There are no overlays on this machine (!)...they are digitally displayed on it's LCD touch screen.  What that means for overlays in the future is anyone's guess.  This new machine is compatible with both the original Cricut cartridges and as well the Imagine cartridges, and the same goes for the mats...either will work.  There is an on-board memory to remember your settings, so you can cut vinyl, paper, then cardstock, and then back to vinyl again at the push of a button - your settings will be remembered.  A bit of a luxury, in my opinion, but there is a light on the blade to see what you're cutting.  Nice to be able to do a quick check and make sure it's cutting ok.  I don't know what I'm going to do now with the little mini flashlight I keep in my kit for just such a use, but I'm sure I could manage ;)  So excited to learn more about this newest Bugger and am calculating in my head how many classes I will have to teach and how many layouts I will have to sell to bring the newest member of our Bugger Family home.  *sigh*  Be nice to me, ProvoCraft!!

Check out this little teaser video about the newest bug from the CHA:


Happy buggin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment