"Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks." ~Author Unknown

email us at lilbugger.ca@gmail.com



Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oldies But Goodies From Last Year.

With emergency room visits and sicknesses making their way through our house lately (several times, I might add), it's been really hard for me to get the blog/FB fan page/website all up and running smoothly as well as find some time to be crafty and ingenius.  Since I'm starting the blog and fan page anyway, I thought now would be as good a time as ever to "re"-introduce some of my favourite Valentine/Love cards from years past!

I LOVE this pirate Valentine, for SOOOO many reasons.  For starters, my son made it.  He was 7 at the time and he made it for his brother, who is quite possibly the biggest pirate fan EVER!  He set up the machine himself, picked the image from the Love Struck Seasonal Mini Cricut cartridge and measured the size and cut.  That's what I love about it, is that it's one cut.  It was cut at 5.25" tall, and centred on an A2 card (An A2 measures 4.24" x 5.5" and is made by scoring an 8.5" x 5.5" down the middle and folding along your score line).  The pirate image centres nicely on a red background.  He then used Cardinal stickles for the blade of the Pirate's sword and Champagne stickles for his eyepatch.  A super easy cut that makes a great card for kids or adults!

I like this one too, because of it's simplicity.  The image is also cut from the Love Struck Seasonal Mini Cricut cartridge.  The image is cut from red, and there is a blackout cut from white.  The two are layered together and arranged on a pink card.  I pop-dotted them for effect.  I tied a matching ribbon around some cardstock that I cut just smaller than the card for a little detail.  Voila!  Easy peasy. :)

The XO card is made using the Gypsy and the latest Digital-Only cartridge called Smiley Cards.  Before cutting my image, I ran it through my good ol' HP officejet printer and printed "I Love You", using the 2Peas Heart's Delight font in indigo.  I cut the base image in pink and just the Layer 1 in white.  I'm not overly keen on the faces, but to each his own.  And I left it at that.  Simple and sweet and can be used for Valentine's Day, Anniversary, Just Because, I Love You, etc.

Happy buggin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment