"Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks." ~Author Unknown

email us at lilbugger.ca@gmail.com



Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today's my dad's birthday!!  I thought I'd share the card I made him.

I have to give a shout-out to Lori at livingorganized chaos.blogspot.com for posting her project for the PERFECT "guy" card.  This card was perfect for what I was looking for to make for my dad for his birthday.  I used the toolbelt Design Studio file, which can be found here.  Thanks Ruelysi!!


My dad LOVES to tinker with tools and build and renovate things.  He's definitely a "Jack of All Trades".  He was missing for so much of my life and I feel so blessed to have him in my life now.  I wanted to let him know by putting my heart into a special birthday card for him.

In addition to the cut file, I used the Learning Curve cartridge for the letters on the tape measure.  I used the Doodletype cartridge for the "Happy Birthday" on the middle section.  The Handyman Lite cartridge was used for the level in the pocket.  I believe it was cut at 4.5", and I cut all relevant layers.  The pockets of the tool belt had some faux-stitching that I added with my gel pen.

The entire cut was made at 11.5" wide and I scored it to fold in three sections, 3.5", 4", and 3.5".

The cute little screw-head brads are from Making Memories and I got them in the clearance bin of Michael's, if you can believe it!

Most of the paper is Bazzill Basics.  However, I ran out of plain silver, so I used aluminum tape (found reasonably priced at most hardware stores) and stuck it down on paper to cover it and then ran it through my Cricut.  I think it gave a great "metal" look.

Happy Birthday, Dad!! xoxox

What are YOU crafting today??

Happy Buggin'!

3 comments:

  1. This very special card...made me feel very special!
    Thanks so much,
    Love,
    Dad.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am pleased my cut file is still going strong. You made a fabulous job on the card.

    Ruelysi

    ReplyDelete